Most of us while trying to make the lips look beautiful forget about their health. Lips are as important as other parts of the body and healthy lips add to your beauty. Not paying attention to them leads to chapped lips which in turn might cause bleeding in lips.
If you have chapped lips or fissures then definitely your lips are not healthy. Here are few tips to keep them soft and healthy.
- To treat you chapped lips, apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly or lip balm of honey and leave them overnight. Next day morning, wet your lips with water and rub them with finger or use a soft toothbrush to exfoliate the chapped skin.
- Gently massage your lips with home made scrub. You can use mixture of olive oil and sugar.
- Apply a lip balm with SPF on your lips to protect them from harmful UV rays. Maybelline and Nivea have lip balms with SPF.
- If you do not have a lip balm with SPF then you can apply a thin layer of sunscreen to your lips before stepping out in the sun,
- Always carry a lip balm or petroleum jelly to keep your lips moisturised.
- Applying lip balms that have beeswax or Vitamin E in ingredients will help to seal the fissures of your lips.
- Apply honey or beet root juice overnight. Following this repeatedly will help in reducing the pigmentation of your lips.
- Stop licking and biting your lips rightaway!
- Drink lots of water to keep your body and lips hydrated.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Many a times I have observed that people shy to apply lip balm or petroleum jelly in public. Do not assume what people will think about you…looks conscious or whatever. You are not doing any thing wrong.
- Last but not the least: keep smiling…it makes you look beautiful 🙂