Today I will share a DIY post on making sugar wax at home. Its very simple and easy to do. Here is how you can make it yourself at home:
- White Sugar 100 gms
- Lemon 1/4 slice
Steps to follow:
- Take white sugar in a pan and heat it for 2-3 minutes on full flame.
- When sugar starts melting, switch the flame to very low and let the sugar melt completely. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Add lemon juice to it and stir again.
- Observe the color and consistency of mixture, when the color turns to golden yellow and the sugar starts caramelizing, take a drop of mixture on the chopping board, test it by pressing between your thumb and index finger.
- If it is sticky then you are all set to go with your wax, if not then boil it for couple of minutes more.
- Take care that the mixture is not boiled too much as that may destroy the required consistency and make the mixture hard.
- Let it cool for some time and store it in air tight container. I used it immediately 😀
PS: Do not heat the wax directly over stove if you want to reuse it. Instead boil water in a container and keep wax bottle in the hot water.