Hope you all liked my watermelon cooler recipe. I am back with another experiment 😉 I am sharing the recipe of vegetable sandwich which i had tried using some leftover potatoes, coriander -mint chutney and cottage cheese (paneer).
- 1 medium sized onion cut into julienne.
- half capsicum cut into julienne.
- Half french cucumber cut into julienne
- 10-12 small potato cubes.
- 7-8 medium sized cottage cheese cubes ( i am using frozen ones)
- 6 tbsp coriander-mint chutney
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- 6-8 slices of bread ( i am using multigrain)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or butter.
- Quantity of salt may vary depending upon the quantity of salt already present in leftover food.
- chat masala is optional you can replace it with the mix herbs or seasonings depending on your taste.
- Take potatoes and wash them to remove the spices or gravy.( I am using the leftover potato curry)
- Take a vessel add water to it and bring it to boil. Add frozen Cottage cheese cubes and boil it for a minute.
- Take a bowl add the leftover potatoes to it and mash it gently.
- Now add cottage cheese cubes and mash it .
- Add onion, cucumber and capsicum julienne.
- Add salt , mash the mixture with hand. This will help in removing excess water from the vegetables.
- Add chat masala and mix it well.
- Now take 6 bread slices and spread the coriander -mint chutney on them.
- Apply tomato ketchup on 3 of the slices.
- Spread the potato mixture evenly on 3 of the slices.
- cover it with the remaining 3 slices.
- Now preheat the griller or tawa and apply some vegetable oil or butter.( i am using tawa because i like my sandwiches extremely crispy 🙂 )
- Place the sandwiches on tawa and bake then on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Apply the remaining oil or butter on the unbaked side and flip the sandwich and bake it for 3-4 minutes.
Your crispy sandwich is ready . serve it with the watermelon cooler to add a refreshing treat.
Wondering what to do with your left over idlis…click!click!click!