Today i am sharing the recipe of my version of poha. Its a famous snack and i can have it for any of my meals.
If you do not want to cook a full course meal anyday , then this is your meal in a bowl.I have used variety of veggies making it healthier and tastier.
- 100 gm Poha (beaten rice flakes)
- One medium sized onion, sliced
- Half Capsicum, finely chopped.
- Half Carrot, finely chopped.
- One big floret of cauliflower, finely chopped.
- 2 leaves of Red cabbage, finely chopped.
- Handful of frozen peas.
- 12-15 curry leaves.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder.
- 1/4 tsp garam masala .
- 2tsp vegetable oil
- Take a bowl, add poha and soak it in water for a minute . Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Take a vessel and boil 1 cup of water, add frozen peas and boil for 2 minutes.
- Take a pan and add vegetable oil to it.
- Now add chopped carrot and cauliflower to it, cook it for 3-4 minutes and keep stirring.
- Now add onion and capsicum , stir it well
- Add curry leaves,let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add cabbage and peas, give it a stir.
- Add garam masala and poha, mix it well and cover it with the lid.
- Cook it for another minute and turn off the stove but do not remove the lid for another 5 minutes. Poha will taste better if cooked with the steam inside the vessel.
- Green chilli canalso be used it make it a little hot, for me its a No-No.
- Lemon juice can be used to add a little tang to the taste buds ( i am out of stock today);-)
Chop all the vegetatbles
Add oil in a pan and add cauliflower and carrot to it , cook it for 3-4 minutes and stir well
Now add onion, capsicum and curry leaves, cook it for 2 minutes.
Add salt, turmeric powder and coriander powder, mix well
Add cabbage and green peas and stir well.
- Add Poha and garam masala , mix it well and cover with lid.
- Cook it for a minute and turn off the flame, do not remove the lid for
another 5 minutes.
Poha is ready to serve
Garnish with sev or bhujia :-)…Happy eating
Your veggies loaded poha is ready. Garnish it with the sev or bhujia and enjoy a happy meal.
Its so easy and healthy.