Its been long time since I have posted anything on the blog. We had been to Kanpur last week and are back to Mumbai now. Yesterday I made paneer bhurji for dinner, so thought to make a post on it. Please note that if paneer is watery, you have to squeeze it with palms to release excess water. Lets start:
- 250 gms paneer
- 2 medium sized onions chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes + 2 green chilies chopped
- bunch of coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- pinch of garam masala
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- salt as per taste
- oil for cooking
- Heat oil in a work/kadhai and when its hot, add jeera and fry for few seconds till jeera is little brown.
2. Add in onions and fry them till they are soft and little brown.
3. Add in tomatoes and cook them till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
4. Add in turmeric and coriander powder and fry till the rawness of spices is gone.
5. Add chili powder and cook till masala releases oil.
6. Now add crushed peneer and salt as per taste and mix the ingredients well.
7. Keep on cooking the bhurji on medium-high flame for 3-4 minutes and stir in between so that bhurji does not burn.
8. Add garam masala and mix well.
9. Add chopped coriander leaves. Keep the flame low now and keep stirring the bhurji for a minute.
Switch off the flame now. Paneer bhurji is ready to be served. Enjoy with paratha or roti or any bread of your choice 😀