Here is one more addition to my Kashmiri cuisine diaries.Being a Kashmiri is being a foodie that to rich in oil and spices and i love all the traditional preparations.Today i am sharing the recipe of my favorite rajma and shalgam recipe. It is called Razma Gogij in kashmiri .It is simple and yummy. Do check kashmiri dum aloo recipe
- 250 gms Rajma(kidney beans)
- 3- 4 medium sized turnips
- 8-10 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp kashmiri varr masala
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Any cooking oil can be used to make the recipe but recipe tastes better in mustard oil.
- Varr masala can be replaced with Garam Masala since it may not be readily available but you can buy it from various online stores like kashmironestop.com
- Soak rajma in warm water and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the rajma is soaked,take a pressure cooker and add 500ml of water, 1 tsp salt and asafoetida.
- Add soaked rajma to the cooker and pressure cook until it becomes soft.
- Peel off the turnip skin and cut each of them into four parts.
- Take another vessel and add oil , since i used mustard oil ,i had to pre heat the oil till it becomes lighter in color.
- Add turnip to the oil and fry until it becomes dark golden in color.
- Now add red chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt and varr masala.
- Add few drops of water so that the chili pwder does not burn.
- Now add this turnip mix to the pre-cooked rajma and pressure cook again for 5-10 minutes or until turnip turns soft.
Add soaked rajma along with salt and asafoetida to cooker and pressure cook.
Peel the trurnip and cut it into pieces, Heat oil and fry the turnip
Add red chili powder , salt and varr masala to the fried turnip
Add the turnip gravy to the pre cooked rajma and pressure cook it until
turnip becomes soft
Razma Gogij is ready :-). Enjoy it with Rice or Chapatti.
P.S: It tastes great with rice and curd.