It feels so great when you relax on a lazy Sunday morning and your husband makes breakfast for you :-D. Today is such day for me :-p. My husband made egg bhurji and coffee for the breakfast. Infact he also clicked the pictures for me to write a post on it..hehe. This egg bhurji recipe is his style of making it and not how egg bhurji is typically made. Quantity mentioned in this recipe serves 2 people. Lets start:
- 5 eggs, 2 medium onions, 1 medium tomato, 2-3 green chilies, 1/4 portion of green,red and yellow capsicum, handful of coriander leaves, 2 inch ginger
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, oil for cooking and salt as per taste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions, grated ginger and chopped green chilies.
2. Fry the onions till they are soft and translucent
3. Add chopped green,red and yellow capsicum at this step and fry them till they are soft.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and fry all the veggies till they are soft but not mushy.
5. Add spices now and fry for a minute till the rawness of spices is gone.
6. Add eggs and salt now and keep the flame low medium.
7. Keep the mixture stirring continuously to remove the lumps.
8. Fry the mixture till eggs are cooked properly and then add chopped coriander leaves. Give a final mix and its done.
Egg bhurji is ready to be served. Enjoy with cup of tea for breakfast or with paratha or any bread of your choice for lunch:).
We had it with coffee for breakfast 😀