Today’s recipe is about a very uncommon vegetable but the most healthy and tastier one.My whole family likes this vegetable. So here I am sharing a quick recipe of sponge gourd.
- 4-5 Sponge Gourds, peeled and cut into cubes.
- 2 green peppers cut into rings
- 1 onion ,chopped.
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick medium
- 1/8 tsp zeera/cumin seeds
- Half bay leaf
- Oil to cook
- Take a wok or a frying pan, add 3 tbsp oil and heat it.
- Now add cumin seeds,bay leaf, cinnamon and black cardamoms.
- Add chopped onion, fry till they turn golden brown.
Add chopped tomatoes and stir well, cook for 2 minutes ,add chopped green pepper and sponge gourd.
Stir the veggies for 3 minutes,add all the dry spice powders and salt.
Let it cook for 10 minutes and keep stirring in between.
keep smiling and eat plenty