Chass is the Indian classic drink which we all love. I always had it in its traditional form which has just salt and bhuna zeera powder (roasted cumin seeds) but then it was in Mumbai when I first heard and tasted masala chaas which has coriander leaves, ginger, chilli in addition to salt and bhuna zeera. So today’s post is my version of masala chaas. Lets start:
- 1 cup curd, 1 chilli broken into quarters, small bunch of coriander leaves, 1 sprig of mint
- black salt, chaat masala, bhuna zeera/roasted cumin seeds powder
- chilled water for blending
1. Put curd in a blender
2. Add chopped coriander leaves, chilli and mint
3. Add black salt as per taste and a teaspoon of chaat masala.
4. Add 1/2 cup of chilled water now.
5. Blend the mixture well till chilli, coriander and mint leaves are crushed well and nice froth is formed like this:
6. Pour the chaas in a glass or tumbler of your choice. I used mason jar 😀
7. Sprinkle 1 tsp bhuna zeera powder on top of the chaas. You can adjust the quantity of bhuna zeera as per your choice.
Chilled masala chaas is ready to be served. Add ice cubes if you like it to be more chilled.
Enjoy the drink!!!