Today I am going to share one of my favorite and easy to cook mix dal recipe. It contains combination of various lentils/dal, which are rich source of protein. This is can paired with steamed rice, zeera rice, roti or any bread of your choice.
- 50 gms splitted red lentils/masoor dal, 50 gms splitted chikpea lentil/chana dal, 50 gms splitted black gram/urd dal, 50 gms splitted green Gram/moong dal, 50 gms splitted pigeon peas/toor dal
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 2 medium onion, chopped.
- 3 tbsp tomato puree.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1 black cardamom.
- 4 cloves
- 2 pinches of asafoetida.
- 1 1/2 tsp dal masala.
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2tsp salt
- 1 tsp methi/dry fenugreek leaves.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a cooker and add whole spices.
- Add onion, asafoetida and garlic.
- Fry onion till they turn golden brown.
- Add tomato puree, salt,r ed chilli powder and dal masala
- Now add all the dals and add 3-4 cup water.
- Pressure cook until soft(I use prestige pressure cooker which takes 5-6 whistles)
- Once the steam settles, add fenugreek leaves and stir well.
- Keep it aside for atleast an hour so that the aroma of fenugreek leaves is released.
Heat oil in a cooker and add whole spices
Add onion and fry till it turns golden brown
Add garlic and tomato puree.
Mix well and add soaked lentils
Add dal masala and salt
Add water and methi leaves.
Pressure cook until soft ( I use prestige cooker which takes 5-6 whistles approx)