Today I am going to share a simple recipe of Arbi/Colacasia. It contains basic spices and lemon.
- 500 gm Arbi, boiled and peeled
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 lemon
- a pinch of asafoetida powder.
- 4-5 tbsp cooking oil
- Cut boiled Arbi/Colacasia into round slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Now add Arbi/Colacasia to it and fry on a high flame.
- Once Arbi/Colacasia is half fried add all the dry spices, turmeric,red chilli,coriander powder and garam masala.
- Fry it on low flame for 5-7 minutes, do not cover the pan.
- Add lemon juice and keep frying.
- Once the Arbi/Colacasia turns out to be crispy as shown in pic, switch off the flame and its ready to be served.
Cut boiled arbi into slices
Heat oil and add zeera
once zeera crackles, add sliced arbi
Once arbi is half cooked add all the dry spices
Add lemon juice and stir well
Mix well and cook on slow flame till it becomes crispy.