To day I am sharing the recipe of paneer curry. This one is my all time favorite and my life saver for a g;:athering.
- 250 gms paneer cubes
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 3-4 cloves
- 2-3 green cardamoms
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 pinches asafoetida
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp methi/ dried fenugreek leaves.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Heat oil in a pan and add whole spices.
- Now add chopped onion and fry them till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and garlic, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add red chili powder,coriander powder, fenugreek leaves, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and add tomato ketchup.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and cool it.
- Take out the bay leaf and grind the mixture to a paste.
- Now add this mixture to the pan, add 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Add paneer cubes and boil it for 10 minutes on simmer.
Add paneer cubes to warm water and salt mixture.
Heat oil in a pan,add whole spices and onion.
Fry til onions turn golden brown.
Add garlic and tomatoes and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add all the spices, salt and methi leaves
cook for 3-4 minutes and cool it.
Add this mixture to a grinder and make a paste(keep bayleaf aside)
Add water and paneer, boil for 5-6 minutes
Paneer curry is ready