It’s been months since I shared any receipe on the blog . So here my favourite Kashmiri cuisine called Nadur Yakhni (lotus stem curry).
1. Lotus stem 2-3 cut into pieces as shown in the pictorial representation.
2. 1/2 tsp cumin/zeera
3. asfoetida/ hing 2 pinches
4. 1 bay leaf / tez patta medium size
5. 1 cinnamon stick/ dalchini medium size
6. 2 black cardamom/ badi elaichi
7. 3-4 cloves / loung
8. 2 tsp fennel powder/saunf powder
9. 1/2 tsp ginger powder / sonth
10.garam masala 1/2 tea spoon
11. 1 tsp salt/ namak
12. 5-6 tbsp mustard oil / sarson ka tel
13. 2 cups water
14. 1 cup curd/dahi
15. 1/2 tsp Bengal gram flour/besan ( this is completely optional, I use it to maintain the consistency of curd).
1. Heat oil in the cooker , add lotus stem pieces. Fry for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
2. Add bay leaf, zeera, hing, black cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and fry the for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
3. Add saunf powder, ginger powder, salt and fry it for a minute on low flame.
4. Add water and pressure cook it till it becomes soft. I used prestige cooker which requires 4-5 whistles . Also it depends on the quality of lotus stem.
5. Beat the curd and gram flour to a consistency which has no lumps ( do not add water).
6. Let the cooker release the steam and let the curry become luke warm.
5. Add curd, garam masala and stir well. Cook it on low flame for 3-4 minutes and yakhni is ready.
Serve it with Rice or bread of your choice. Enjoy!